Thursday, March 18, 2010

I hate doctors...

...always telling you "you should take batter care of yourself", "you need to lose weight", "take your medication as prescribed", "you ARE the father"...no wait, I was watching Maury while in the waiting room. But my doctor is cool except when it's time for my annual physical. Nothing worse than having a female doc say "turn your head and cough" while grabbing the boys. No wonder they keep those rooms at freezing temperature.
So I'm having to provide a stool sample and I'm thinking of philly. Once I was done (and it was easy when philly comes to mind) I started thinking about The New York Mets. Now THAT'S a team to root for. In a city so nice you have to say it twice (NEW YORK, NEW YORK) nothing is better than summers in New York City. And while The Mets are tearing up the league and the pretenders (read: philthies) are wallowing in despair, I know a bunch of you will jump ship and root for The Mets. I mean, Carter Batting Practice stadium is a home away from home for New York Mets fans. It's always been that way and it always will.
I keep looking at this Mets team in ST and I've read where now Reyes is going on the DL to start the season with Beltran and some of you are wringing your hands thinking "this is our chance." Let me say a few things to get you back to reality: Fernando Martinez, Mejia, Pelfry, Perez, Santana just to name a few. You have no chance this year. Oh, you may start hot and think that it's going to be a repeat of the last 3 years but I GUARANTEE it won't be that way this year. The fun and games are over and it's time to remind your silly little team who REALLY owns the N.L. East. Get the handkerchiefs out and start crying a river. This year you CAN riot but it'll be when you're shown to be nothing but the pretenders you've been the last 3 years. I would say I feel sorry for your team but I can't lie. The lie has been thinking you've been the best team the last 3 years. Play time is over kiddies and it's time for the adults to take over. Hope you enjoyed yourselves. And you can have this headline for your teams website: "It was fun while it lasted."

No comments:

Post a Comment